If you have a pet turtle, then your turtle should be well-sheltered and the best place for a turtle to hang around is inside a turtle tank. There are plenty of turtle tanks for sale but most turtle owners wish to find custom turtle tanks. However, finding custom tanks will be a difficult task since there are only the standard ones being sold today. Since having a turtle as a pet is really not a popular choice for some.
So, if you have trouble finding custom turtle tanks, then, maybe it’s time that you make your own turtle tank. It’s very easy!
Here are some tips to help you with your own customization of turtle tanks:
- Size – you must first determine that size of the tank. It will be great if you go for a size that is not smaller than 20 gallons. An ideal size will be about 75 to 100 gallons because turtles will need a lot of room to move arouund.
- Substrate – use sand instead of gravel for your turtle because turtles have the tendency to eat the gravel and this can cause health problems.
- Temperature – turtles are cold blooded which means they cannot create their own body heat. Your turtle will need the right temperature so your their bodies can function properly. Get a good heat lamp for your turtle/s to bask in and it is also important that you have a water heater so that the water will not get too cold for your turtle at night.
- Dry land – it is very important that your turtle has a good place out of the water.
- Diet – turtles have a very complicated diet and they will need to have a good assortment of fruits, vegetables and proteins.
Turtles are great pets and one must take care of them properly if you wish for them to grow healthy. With those tips, you will be able to make your own turtle tank and customize it the way you want it to. Its easier than searching for custom turtle tanks in the market today.