Only a few people would say no to a cookie. A cookie is a comfort food or rather a sugar fix. It can uplift our bad moods and it can also satisfy our cravings for sweets which women often have. However, we all know that cookies are fattening and you surely don’t want your jeans to not fit you anymore, do you? On the bright side, there are low carb cookies that you can purchase and even bake in your own kitchen! This is not only good for you but also good for the whole family!
Here is a step-by-step procedure to make low carb cookies. First, your ingredients!
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup cooking-friendly sugar substitute
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- cookie sheet
- two spoons
- nonstick baking spray
To make low carb cookies, here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees F.
- Get your almond flour and your sugar substiture and stir them together. Mix it well.
- Get in the butter, egg and vanilla. Blend all these until there are no lumps and the batter is very smooth and uniform in color.
- It’s time to use your nonstick cooking spray by spraying it on your cookie sheets. This will make the cookies easy to remover when you’re done baking.
- Since you have two spoons ready, use these to form 1-inch balls. Scoop a spoonful of cookie dough with one spoon and push it off the bow of the spoon with the other spoon. The result? Round cookie balls on your cookie sheets!
- Now, you have to place the balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. As they bake, the cookies will lightly spread and this can prevent them from turning into one big cookie.
- Flatten every ball with the use of your fork. Press down on the top of a cookie ball with the tines of the fork, then do the same thing in the other direction to make a pretty cross-hatch pattern on the top of the cookie.
- Bake your low carb cookies for 8 minutes and you’re all set.
Baking low carb cookies is very easy. You can simply do this at home. It’s very easy and it’ll be a great bonding time if you have kids. Eat healthy and you are bound to lose weight. If you are on a specific diet like the ketogenic diet, you can add this to your ketogenic diet menu.