Do you want to know how to make your own homemade tension wrench? Well, you have come to the right page. This article will tell you how to make your own tension wrench, and you need not buy anymore. A tension wrench is the best tool to pick a lock. Just make sure that the lock is yours or it can be legally unlocked. You will need a paperclip and needle-nose pliers.
How to make your homemade tension wrench:
- Get the paperclip and pull one of its legs and have it straightened.
- Take your pliers and bend the leg at a 90-degree angle in the middle of the leg. It should form an “L” shape just like the standard tension wrenches. Have it bent so when you lay it on the table, it is flat and will not stick up in the air.
- Bend the paperclip once again about ¼ inches from the tip of its leg. Straighten it so this part would stick up in the air when lying flat.
- Make the last bend about an eighth on an inch from the tip of the leg but this time, when its laying flat, this part should be bent forward so that you have an upside-down L shape sticking up in the air.
- The tip of paperclip must now be inserted into the top or bottom of the lock. The base must be twisted and your finger held against the paperclip to keep it from bending out of shape. Continue to apply pressure until the makeshift tension wrench turns the lock.
Making a homemade tension wrench is very simple. In fact, the tools that you will be needing will not cost you a hundred dollars! If you can make one for your home, then that will be perfect. You will be able to save more money, and you can make loads if the other broke. Everyone can do this from the comforts of their own home as the directions are not complicated and the tools that will be used are available in local hardware stores or office supplies.
Although tension wrenches are not that expensive, some people still prefer to make homemade ones as they are very easy to make and can save money as well. They can also customize the wrench according to their preference. You don’t have to worry anymore about your keys losing because you will be able to pick the lock with the use of your homemade wrench.
Check out the best tension wrenches on Amazon here.