This article will tell you how to build your own diy HDTV antenna. You can make HDTV antenna at your home just by simply following the simple steps below.
Here are some steps to make a DIY HDTV antenna
- Prepare a wood board and mark a 3” x 20” in the wood board. This will serve as the frame of the antenna.
- Use electric drill to drill holes in the board.
- Remember that each hole if for a mounting screw
- Since you will be using coat hangers, take 4 and cut them apart. This will enable you to create V-shaped hangers.
- Any sign of paint, varnish or finish that is usually found in the bottom of the V must be removed to avoid insulation.
- Take 2 more coat hangers and cut them apart as well for you to be able to get 2 straight wired and each must be 22” long.
- Now it’s time to attach the 8 v-shapes pieces to the wood board with the use of screws and screw washers. A good electrical contact between the V-shapes pieces and the screw heads is a-must.
- The 2 straight wires must be fixed to the board so it will cross back and forth between the screws. Insulate the 2 straight wires with electrical tape at the points where they cross on the board.
- It’s time to attach the 75 to 300 ohm matching transformer to the board. Since transformers come with spade clips, this should be connected to the 2 connections in the center while the F connector of the transformer is connected to the TV
- Place the wood board to an iron pipe with U-bolts. It should be 24” long and has one threaded end.
- Lastly, use a 12” x 10” wood board to act as the base of the antenna. A pipe floor flange must be attaché to the wood base and the iron pipe to the floor flange.
This particular DIY HDTV antenna will work best with UHF channels. Now you just have to use your TV’s auto-scan function to find all the digital channels that you can get with the help of your homemade HDTV antenna. Making your own HDTV is pretty easy as long as you follow the simple step by step guide listed above and as long as you have the right tools to make one.
A DIY HDTV Antenna will save you more and you need not buy HDTV antennas anymore because this can be effective as the ones that are for sale in the local market today.
Check out the best HDTV Antennas available on Amazon here.