Are you curious to know the causes of pulmonary hypertension? A very rare yet grave medical condition that can happen to anyone. It is always wise that you are familiar with it and other kinds of diseases today.
There are many causes of pulmonary hypertension:
- Diseases that effect flow out of the heart to the rest of the body that results in backflow of blood .
- Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction – this is the process in which the lung vessels narrow in atteempt to divert blood from poorly functioning segments of the lung.
- Remodeling of blood vessels
- Parasistic infection in the middle east or schistosomiasis
- Substances that causes constriction of blood vessels
- Diseases that raise pulmonary pressures to cause pulmonary artery hypertension for unclear reasons.
There are other more causes for pulmonary hypertension yet in some cases, it is unknown.
The causes of pulmonary hypertension should be kept in mind by people who have a higher risk on acquiring this disease. It is very wise to be aware when it comes to your health so you can prepare or prevent it from happening.
As they say, awareness is key when it comes to health because you can think of ways to prevent it from happening. Aside from this, do routine check-ups with your doctor to keep track of your health and to also make sure that you are living a healthy life.
Pulmonary hypertension is a very rare condition and one should not expect too much from it. As mentioned above, there are other causes of pulmonary hypertension that are still unknown. Researchers are doing the best they can to find out these causes and to let the public know as well. If you happen to have a loved one who has those medical conditions, you might want to tell them about it and have them checked as well if they are a candidate for pulmonary hypertension. This will give you peace of mind and more knowledge on the disease itself.