Construction management is a growing field. This career path appeals to a lot of recent graduates of construction management. Those who graduated recently are undoubtedly dying to know about construction manager salary.
How much does a construction manager earn? You will be happy to know that these managers receive generous salary packages. They also earn handsome wages as independent contractors. Typically, a manager should have a background in business management and should have a business degree in construction management.
Construction manager salary is determined by a number of factors.
- Managers should have a bachelor’s degree in the field and they also must have a working knowledge of cost accounting and cost estimating. Most private firms and employers prefer construction managers that have at least eight years of experience working in the field.
- Entry-level salaries for construction managers are based upon 5 years of direct experience as a cost estimator or as a project manager.
- For entry-level average salary, it is $47,000 and can reach up to $53,199.
- The median wage is $79,860.
- Residential construction managers can earn up to $74,770.
In general, construction managers in building equipment contracting earn slightly more than managers who work in non residential building construction.
Just like other jobs, construction manager salary can be affected by factors such as the ones mentioned above. So before you start sending out your resume, you have to make sure that you understood everything clearly. When it comes to job hunting, you won’t have any problems because there are a lot of construction management jobs that are being offered today. Aside from this, it is said that the construction industry will be successful, which is why more people are taking a course in construction management. It promises a good and bright future ahead.
Construction management salary has always been an issue for aspiring construction managers and students and they were very surprised to know that they can earn such a high amount. Today, students are more inspired to go for this career path. The best thing about the job is that you will really feel that you are effective because you will have a lot going on, which can lead to career advancement.