Are you diagnosed with mild scoliosis? You do not have to worry because there is no need for a surgery. For milder cases, there are alternative treatments that may provide benefit, although the medical community has not fully determined the extent of these benefits.
Treatments for mild scoliosis:
- Brace – this is the most common treatment for mild scoliosis. The wearing of a back brace. The brace is usually made from plastic and metal. It forces the spine into the correct position and posture.
- Massage – muscle manipulation through massage is used in scoliosis treatment because tight muscles can pull on the vertebrae of the spine.
- Chiropractic – this treats scoliosis physically by putting the vertebrae of the spine back into correct alignment quickly.
- Exercise – this can help stretch out the ligaments and muscles attached to the spine and thus, can also help improve blood flow. The best exercises are those that are low-impact and isometric.
- Electro-stimulation – this kind of treatment uses a mild current which is allowed to run through the muscles around the affected area. This approach is known to activate and strengthen the muscles needed to correct the curvature of the spine.
- Physical therapy – this usually involves doing streteches to counter the curve of the spine and strengthen the muscles needed for correct posture. It is often combined with an exercise regimen.
For those who have mild scoliosis, these treatments are very easy. In fact, doing such treatments like exercise will not only help you with your condition but can also help you become fit and healthier overall. Aside from these treatments, it is also important that you have a well-balanced diet and be hydrated at all times.
Mild scoliosis should not be a cause for alarm because it is not critical and will not require serious treatments. If you are concerned about your scoliosis, you can always consult your doctor. Make sure that you are checked regularly so that you can have the curve of your spine measured. Talking to your doctor will make things a lot better because you will be more assured that there is really nothing to worry about this disease called scoliosis in adults.